Zombie Makeup Tutorial
This is about about a three minute zombie makeup tutorial put on by special makeup effects artist David Ayres. Dave has worked on films such as Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Something Wicked this Way Comes, Empire of the Ant, Tourist Trap, The Hills Have Eyes (Original), Buck Rogers, and Battlestar Galactica (Original).
- Base: Ben Nye Creme Color Liner Yellow (CL-5).
- Shadow & Age Lines: Ben Nye Creme Color Liner Beard Stipple (CL-27). Any color brown liner will do here.
- Veins: Ben Nye Creme Color Liner Forest Green (CL-2), Blue (CL-19), and any color brown liner.
- Red Blotches: Ben Nye Creme Rouge Red (CR-1), and any color brown liner. We used a red rouge in this demo because it is a little darker than the red liner, but you can use a different shade of red if you wish.
- Cracks & Crack Stamp: Ben Nye Creme Color Liner Black (CL-29), and any color brown liner. The Crack Stamp is sold only at the store for $10.00, cash only.
- Powder: Ben Nye Neutral Set Powder. It is very important that you set any creme makeup with a powder. This allows your makeup to become less shiny and reduces smearing. When working with different colors, such as a black or a red, using a neutral powder is important because it goes on clear and allows your blacks to still be black, and your reds to still be red. Often people will by a white face powder only to find out your blacks will become a white or a grey.
- Zombie Cold and Clammy Effect: For this demo, Dave used K-Y Jelly or if you prefer, any water-soluble gel will do.
- Mouth Stain: This is Dave’s secret recipe that he created. If you’re interested in learning how to make this recipe, please feel free to stop by the shop and ask Dave himself! He loves talking monsters and all things gory!